“I’m Emily Zarka. I earned a Doctor of Philosophy in English from Arizona State University, specializing in British Romantic literature with an emphasis on the Gothic. I approach literature and film through monsters, applying the theory that human history is monster history.
I am the writer and host for “Monstrum,” an online series with PBS’s Storied channel on YouTube that looks at complex histories and motivations behind some of the world’s most famous monsters. I also wrote and hosted a one-hour documentary for PBS called Exhumed: A History of Zombies.“
You can also follow the good doctor on Twitter.
Are You Entertained? Do You Enjoy the Podcast?
Here are a few ways you can help support the Nerdy Photographer Podcast
- Leave reviews! Reviews help a lot. Seriously, every new review helps us reach new listeners who might not find the podcast. You can leave reviews for the Nerdy Photographer on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser, and GoodPods (those last two you can rate and review individual episodes). Did I mention that we are now the NUMBER ONE indie photography podcast on GoodPods?
- Tell people about The Nerdy Photographer Podcast!
- Follow @thenerdyphoto on Instagram
- Follow @thenerdyphoto on TikTok
- Grab yourself some photography merchandise like t-shirts, mugs, and stickers!
You can also leave us a voice message on our contact page and tell us what you thought of the episode or give us your ideas for future episodes!